Thursday, February 4, 2010

I Scrapped!

I haven't made a page in ages.  My rediscovery of my love of paper started with scrapbooking and I have abandoned it for far too long.  I finally sat down, grabbed 3 pictures that I knew I wanted to use on a scrapbook page and just plain ole' made myself do it.  I didn't care if it was brilliant, stunning or a work of art.  I just wanted to MAKE one... and I did. 

Of course, I had to make one of Lily.  She is the only Grandchild I haven't scrapped (that is how long it has been). Background paper is from Stampin' Up, accent papers by K& Company and cardstock by PapertreyInk.  It turned out simple and nice.  Just what I was aiming for.  I even did some journaling, something I seldom do.  It is complete, done and in it's storage case. Ta Daaa!
 

Eveeryone, say Hello to Lily.  She was born at 1 lb 12 ozs and 5 months gestation.  She was 15 weeks early and it was very touch and go for a long time.  She came home at over 4 months of age (2 weeks past her original due date) and she is one cute, sweet little girl.  She is doing great.  She had to have laser eye surgery at 6 weeks of age and may have some periferal vision loss and nearsightedness.  She may or may not even need glasses or not for a long time.  Her lungs are still finalizing in maturity and she is now off the oxygen except at night since these pictures were taken.  So far, there doesn't seem to be any neurological or mental impairments but the final jury isn't out yet.  We are very confident that all is well.  She had almost no brain swelling or bleeding on her brain after delivery which can be common in these micropreemies.  She is now smiling and cooing and is a really good baby.  Those nurses trained her well!
Oh, yeah, we kinda like her, too.

1 comment:

Diane Jaquay said...

Awww, God bless her little heart! Such a sweet scrapbook page!