Monday, March 8, 2010

Craft Cave Re-do done!

 

It was pure clutter.  It had grown by bits and pieces over a few years.  It was downstairs in our family room and seldom seen by anyone but family.  What started with one table, grew to four.  As I needed new storage, I bought some with no plan in mind.  It had gone on long enough.

 

I had no room to spread.  Heck, I didn't even have room to work, let alone be creative.  Who can create when you are enclosed with stuff (I really LIKE stuff).

 

In the first picture can you see the recessed area.  This is a closer view.  This is going to be the New Craft Cave.  Nice window (it's a basement so no view, per say).  Not huge but adequate.  Plenty of room for a one fanny cave.

 

Complete (for now).  Very ergonomic with a nice work triangle.  Three tables and storage galore.  The DH put up the shelves and they hold a tremendous amount of stuff.  Ribbons on the left, photo boxes on the right.  Took me very little time to remember where everything was located.  I can leave out the Cricut, leave out the sewing machine, leave out the Big Kick and I have table top clear space on both sides.  The chair was a must since I needed to be able to swing back and forth with ease.  White may not be the best color for a crafting cave chair but I figure that as it gets smudged with various colors of ink, it will gain character.  Hey!  I may just help it along.

 
The window sill is deep.  These CD crates were a dollar each at Walmart.  Perfect!

 

The small embellies storage was found at Lowes and I think it was meant for nuts and bolts.  I had better things in mind.

 

PTI buttons line the top, stored in cute little jars found at Hobby Lobby for $1.50 each.  I didn't even bother using a coupon.  I bought all they had (7) and will go back for more next week!

 

Rubber stamps under the table (and my forgotten knitting ). They are on rollers and quite easy to wheel them out and rummage around to remember what I have.


 

Six of these towel bars, 3 on each side, hold all my lever type punches.  The rest are in 2 of the drawers in the Jet Max Cube ensemble under the window.  All my regular ink pads are in these 2 towers.  The small pink container between them holds my small cubes.  Several small baskets hold current embellies, my glues, etc.  Everything at my fingertips.
It is wonderful to come down and get inky.  I have a place for everything and it helps to free my mind and relax.  Once I am relaxed, the ideas come.  I still want to decorate it a bit.  I am not entirely satisfied with my current paper storage system (or lack thereof) so I am still plotting and planning.  I may require my DH's services yet again....  
These frames are painted and waiting to be hung.  Sheet metal in one for the magnet containers and cork in the other for my PTI wants list!  They will get hung this weekend.... I promise!

 

I hope you liked my tour.  Maybe you can grab an idea or two.  If you have some of your own ideas that may help me, please, suggest away!  I am always looking for improvements, even if the space is working at the moment.  Thanks for joining me!

2 comments:

Mariah said...

Great post, with so many ideas! I too am banished to the basement, except my basemen looks like a dungeon!But my DH recently painted the walls and redid the floor, so now it looks like a clean dungeon! Thanks again for the post...lots of ideas to explore!

Laurie said...

What a great space! And great storage ideas! TFS!