Monday, October 25, 2010

Blog Hop October 2010

Welcome to the October Blog Hop for Papertrey Ink!  I'm so excited to share my creations with you tonight.

We were challenged to create a card for a holiday other than our own.  I decided to share THREE!  Yes, I have been a craftin' fool.

First up is a first for me.  I have African American friends but have never sent a Kwanzaa card to any of them.  I know for a fact that one of the families does celebrate this holiday so shame, shame, what's my name...


Problem solved:
I just couldn't stick with a traditional red.  I had to use Raspberry Fizz with some Simply Chartreuse.  I couldn't remove the grey tone to the Kraft Cardstock mat and Fine Linen base.  Oh well, I'm still working on my picture skillz as well as my cardmaking skillz.

Next, for your viewing pleasure:

I have several atheist friends and they like a good holiday as much as anyone.  They usually either celebrate a secular Christmas (I'm not sure how that works???) or Winter Solstice.  They love to point out that their holiday is older than all the others.  That's true, can't argue it!


And for my final card, I want to wish all my bestest friends on the PTI forum and in my real life, the best Christmas yet.  May you all have peace, love and happiness for the upcoming year... and of course, I'll work Christmas Eve for you again!

May everyone find the happiness they search for, the love they desire and the peace we all want most of all.

27 comments:

Susan said...

Beautiful! I love the colors on the Kwanzaa card. The Solstice coloring is so pretty! And what a creative card! The Christmas tree is gorgeous!!

Dana said...

Oh Patty, these are wonderful! The bright non-traditional colors of the Kwanzaa card are just rad and it's a great LO too. But that Winter Solstice card stole my heart. I wish it were coming to me...We celebrate in a big way at our house.
Lovely cards, all three!

Jen Carter said...

These are all wonderful! Great work!

Alyssa S said...

These are fab, Patty! I never got around to saying Thank you for the beautiful card you made me...shame, shame on me! I love it! I think your card making skills rock :o) Hope you're having a great day!

Unknown said...

great cards!

Laura Isham said...

These cards are fun with a capital "F"! It really seems like you jumped into the challenge with both feet and in the process made some spectacular cards.

Traci Nachtrab said...

I knew I should have done a Solstice card :) Yours is gorgeous.

Adele Fowler said...

wow!! really beautiful cards :)

Linda W said...

Another very busy lady! Thanks for sharing all your lovely cards. And a great big thank you for the lovely thoughts!!

Barbara DeBose said...

what great cards.... AND oh my that cutting on Solstice. I'm not worthy!! :)

Babies-Beth said...

lol, I'm an atheist but I still want Christmas Eve off, lol...at least every other year!! I adore your solstice card!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

How beautiful all three are! Love the colors for the Kwanzaa card. Very pretty Christmas tree in gold and pearls.

Mariah said...

You have been busy! I especially like the colors you used on the Solstice card. So bright and summy!

Christi said...

All three cards are fantastic! I really like your PTI twist on traditional Kwanzaa colors.

Paula Laird said...

These are fabulous! I LOVE your Solstice card! How cute is that!?!

Kelly S. said...

Oh these are all so great! Love the bright colors and fun layout of the Kwanzaa card...great use of the letters and clouds in the Solstice card...and your Christmas card is simply beautiful with those embellishments!

Lea L. said...

These are so cute! I love the bright and fun colors of the first one. The second one has such a fun design, and I just love the beautiful Christmas card! Great job with the PTI Blog Hop challenge! ♥♥♥

Terri said...

Great job on all of them! I especially like all the bright colors you used.

Cammie said...

Patty, all three of these are fantastic with great designs and colors. Thanks for sharing and inspiring!

Unknown said...

All the cards are fab! the colors and the designs are really pretty, Patty!

Melissa said...

All three are beautiful, Patty! And thanks for such nice wishes for us all! I love the colors in the Kawanza card, and the solstice card is so uplifting!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

What a great bunch of cards. Great job with the PTI challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Gayatri said...

Beautiful beautiful cards, Patty! Love all of them :)

Kristii said...

Absolutely awesome creations!!!! I love them all!!!

Sue Lelli said...

OMGosh! EVERY card was FABULOUS! LOVE the colors you used in the Kwanza card and the summer solstice card was AMAZING! LOVE the tree, too! Oh MY!!!

jen said...

these are all great! I love the embossing you did on the sentiment panel of the Christmas card!!

Helen F. said...

All three are such beautiful and thoughtful cards, Patty! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a lovely comment. What a fun hop and fab way to see so many creative crafters out here in BlogLand.